Network Security Administration
Network security is required to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of our client’s IT systems and data. IntePros Federal ensures that IT assets are properly managed, maintained, and administered to minimize network vulnerabilities and meet our Government client’s compliance regulations. Our team performs network security administration tasks to include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Provides timely updates to the Vulnerability Management System (VMS) to ensure accurate assessment of network status at all times and compliance with Information Assurance mandates.
- Maintains secure operating baselines in accordance with approved security configuration guidelines.
- Maintains configuration logs for each server, documenting Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) compliance, configuration changes, backups, reboots, maintenance, and Mission Assurance Category assessment which include customer designation.
- Audits internal and external access controls and activity
- Data spill cleanup and incident reports de-conflicted
- Prevent e-mail spam, phishing attempts, and malicious code
- Network and computer antivirus scans to protect from malicious code (viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, adware, and logic/time bombs)
- Maintains signature-based and behavioral-based intrusion detection systems (currently Host-Based Security System (HBSS))
- Reviews and analyzes event logs to note problem areas, trends, potential gaps in network security, security breaches, and related events
- Administers, monitors the performance of, and ensures compliance with operating high-assurance guards and cross-domain solutions
- Monitors and reports network activity, anomalies, and significant changes to the network environment daily to the Government